Sunday, October 13, 2019

Isaiah 54:1

Why the name of this blog? There are many reasons behind it, but let's start with the earliest one.

Back in the late 90's I was living in Minnesota, going to a wonderful church, working a temp job and had a nice group of friends. The only thing missing, in my eyes, was my husband. In 1991 I know God spoke to me and promised me a husband and family. We were now several years past that promise and I was getting older - for goodness sake I was almost 30!! I wanted all those babies I was praying for!!

During one of my many personal studies on dating vs waiting, I received this verse. Isaiah 54:1
"Sing, barren woman, you who never bore a child; 
burst into song, shout for joy, 
you who were never in labor; 
because more are the children of the desolate woman 
than those of her who has a husband,"
says the Lord.

Ok, well then . . . on to some other translations and paraphrases. Found one that said - "because more are the spirtual children" I could see that. I had spent most of my years until that point taking care of everyone else's children: babysitting, daycare, friends' children . . .you name it.

 I LOVE children. From pretty much day one I was nurturing my baby dolls. My first brother was born when I was 15 months old, I was momma's little helper - his 2nd mommy. All I ever wanted was to be married, pregnant and raising children. What I couldn't figure out was why this verse? 

God promised me a husband and family, then I get this verse???? Well, on 4/22/13 I did become the Barren Woman when I was forced to have a hysterectomy and oopherectomy (my uterus and ovaries removed) because of an Ovarian Cancer diagnosis on 4/9/13. I was 43, married, had 2 beautiful bonus daughters and now had to go through chemo with no hope of ever becoming pregnant and feeling what it was like to have life growing inside of you. 

I became the woman in this verse - the barren woman who had numerous spiritual children and a husband but no children from my husband. . . . and I'm supposed to sing and shout for joy???

Over the past 6 years and many internal & external struggles I have come to find the Singing and Joy of the Lord has never left. Please stay with me as I share this journey with you . . . 

A Barren Woman Born with A Mother's Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment